I’m usually focused on telling people how to succeed in their dating life.
Just to shake things up a bit (and get everyone thinking differently) I decided to take the opposite approach this week and offer you the 10 worst things you can do on a first date (things that guarantee you’ll have a bad time):
Decide the person you’re going to meet is your potential husband/wife.
Don’t think ahead of time about what information you’d like to find out about them.
- Ask them about their ex-wife/husband, previous relationships, and recent dates.
- Tell them about your ex-wife/husband, previous relationships, and recent dates.
- Talk the entire time about yourself and don’t ask them “interested” questions about themselves.
- Don’t talk at all about yourself so they won’t have an opportunity to get to know you.
- Use your cell phone – talking, texting, checking email, etc.
- Arrive late.
- Dress inappropriately and look ungroomed.
- Glance around the room while you or they are talking.
Ahhh… a little dating humor is a good thing, huh?
This list probably shows how very smart you are because you already know these things. Did you find any reminders? Did you think of things you could add to the list? Let me know.
Goal Setting + Purposeful Dating = Satisfying Relationships